Re: [TenTec] Centurion and AM

To: bcarling@cfl.rr.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion and AM
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 16:28:25 -0500
*Many of the newer Shortwave transmitters produce very little Carrier. They
have always placed a much smaller LSB signal on the air and really punch
the USB side hard. Instead of using Modulation Transformers..... They now
use Digital Pulse Modulation where the VCC (( for clarity )) of the PA
Section is controlled by (( varied )) by Very Large and High Power
Switching Devices at Audio Frequencies. By doing this they save Tons of
money on their Power Bills. Which as you can imagine is quite expensive. I
know that I could not afford any kind of... 100 Kilowatt at a 24/7  rate
....Power Bill. We are trying to explain the process in simple terms. Even
though Miss Brenda, Burns me up each Winter and Freezes me all Summer....
Why do some women do that?*
*
Wade/KJ4WS*