Re: [TenTec] OT: Need advice checking out a stored 3-500

To: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Need advice checking out a stored 3-500
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 10:39:12 -0500
 Eimac and Amperex say nothing about burning in new 3-500Zs. Since
gettering with Zirconium does not take place until red heat is reached -
the tubes getter themselves if they are simply put in service. Running the
filament alone does not reach the temperature needed for gettering, so that
is an exercise in futility..