[TenTec] Orion II Observations

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II Observations
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:22:00 +0000
I have been enjoying my Orion II for a number of years now and thought I knew
the rig well.  I had two observations last night that I have not previously run
across but expect have been there all along.  Just looking for any comments
from the forum.

The first observation was when I tuned a SSB station and was getting extremely
distorted audio from the Main Receiver.  I discovered I had left the Main
Receiver roofing filter set at 20Khz from the last use.  Changing the filter to
any filter other than the 20Khz filter eliminated the distortion.  Is this
normal for the Orion II?

The second observation was when listening with headphones with the Main
Receiver in my left ear and the Second Receiver in my right ear.  I was copying
a signal on 17m when I saw a spot on 30m I wanted to listen for.  I switched
the second receiver to 30m leaving the Main on 17m.  I was still hearing the
17m signal in my left ear but was hearing both 17m and 30m in my right ear.
I confirmed my audio selection as having the Main and Sub assigned to left and
right with neither set on Both.  Is this normal audio routing when having the
two receivers set on different bands?

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI

----------Legal Disclaimer----------
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
replying to this message and delete it from your computer.