Re: [TenTec] Signal to noise

To: "R. Eric Sluder" <resluder@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Signal to noise
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 18:31:36 -0400

On 9/11/2014 3:07 PM, R. Eric Sluder via TenTec wrote:

Maybe I'm not very talented, but I'd say anything that requires is to
concentrate and look away from the field of view for driving is dangerous.

I don't trust myself now to dial around, check radio settings, etc. and drive. It's gotta be a set and forget deal for me anymore. -Eric W9WLW

    THESE ARE GOOD STANDARDS TO FOLLOW.

    ANY form of distraction is a distraction.   It does not matter
    what it is, or how it comes about, but ANY sort of distraction
    is still a distraction.

    Following these guidelines will not prevent distraction, but
    it will certainly minimize it to a huge degree.

    It is ALWAYS a good idea to pull over to operate the rig - or to
    do anything else for that matter.   There is nothing manly
    about getting killed behind the wheel.

    Just MY take.