Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair II buzz in ssb

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair II buzz in ssb
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:37:03 -0700
On Fri,9/12/2014 4:42 PM, Gustavo Andrada wrote:
My Ten Tec Corsair II suddenly have a problem in SSB , when push the ptt
have a buzz and in alc max the transceiver put 100 watts in antenna without
modulation with te alc off put 10 watts, when talk to mic the audio is
distorted  and the meter in fwd position has reverse peak. In cw  no have
problem. Put the 100 watts to key down.

Hi Gus,

The first thing I would suspect is a broken shield connection in the mic cable.

73, Jim K9YC