Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oooo-PS
From: "mcelmer1" <mcelmer1@netecin.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:05:28 -0600
I agree. Twice I sent a 60 pound amp to Tentec and NP. The Orion 1 has also had a few vistis, again by the USPS, without incidents.

Regardless of what you ship, use the factory boxes & packing. I guess one could cobble up a shipping container with spray foam, a "close fit box" and yards of tape.

Mike makes a strong arguement for claims. Although I have not been involved with a USPS claim, UPS is a cluster.

Mike
W8TRN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net> To: <n4py3@earthlink.net>; "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 13:39

I agree with Carl, the USPO is reliable, even with heavy amplifiers, provided the appropriate packaging and "FRAGILE" or "GLASS" labels are applied, including, "THIS SIDE UP".

They help with hand carts for the heavy stuff too.

One other piece of info. In case breakage or damage, the Post Master for the location handles the entire claim and did not have to have anyone else involved. He asked for proof of pricing to justify the claim amount, and he decided the legitimacy of the insurance claim.

I do QSK conversions and ship some heavy amps. It has been the best way for me.

73,

Mike
W2AJI

Sent from my iPhone