Re: [TenTec] Subject: Re: din connector, news from Hall Mountain KY

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Subject: Re: din connector, news from Hall Mountain KY
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:44:54 -0500

I have had great results from using Mike's Amp Keyer with my Argonaut II and my boatanchor 6 meter setup. I use the Amp Keyer to switch the coax relay, and also the transmit connections on the back of my P&H transmitting converter. I use the P&H and a Tapetone dual cascode 6 meter receiving converter. The receiving converter is slightly modified to take the LO from the P&H. It works surprisingly well! I put in the mod to run the transmit key line out of the Argo II. It takes some care to get the hang time set on the Argo. Mike's product is well made and a real help when dealing with the limited switching current specs of the Argo.

Steve WA9JML

EN51