Re: [TenTec] Omni D issue

To: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni D issue
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 22:39:41 -0500
*Douglas,*
*                  My Paragon PA is very close to being the same. Several
Months back, we had an issue where the Logic Circuits would just lock up at
anything over 50 Watts. We changed the Three or Four Electrolytic
Capacitors in the PA Enclosure and cured the problem. Maybe, a bad
Capacitor in the PA Enclosure is allowing the PA to Oscillate? There is a
Ten Tec Service Bulletin that we have read in the past, which describes
this Capacitor Issue. In my case RF was getting out of the cage and causing
problems. My best advice, change them. And use Capacitors rated at 105 C
Temperature Rating .... Whither it fixes your problem of not..... This
needs to be done.*

*                                                                 73 from
Wade/KJ4WS*