Re: [TenTec] Orion II Problem

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Problem
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 16:23:22 -0500
Believe me I was really trying to find that bad connections were the source of
the problem, but no joy.  When all this started happening I went completely
through the radio (I'm not shy about taking radios apart) and disconnected and
cleaned every connector contact in the radio and then exercise each several
times during re-mate. That includes removing each board from it's motherboard
connection.  All to no avail.  I subsequently repeated that scenario many times
over several days thinking I just hadn't hit the magic pin/socket. But after
all the cleaning, pushing, and flexing of every connection and every board on
multiple occasions, I never detected any change or effect on the problem.

But as W2NSD used to say, Never Say Die!

Art/N4UC