[TenTec] On Crystal Filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] On Crystal Filters
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:56:15 -0700
In discussion of an Omni D, Rick and maybe someone else mentioned that old
crystal filters may no longer meet spec and can result in significantly reduced
sensitivity. I know that crystals age and that if they don't all age the same
way the filter may drift out of spec, but this is the first I've heard that it
could affect performance to such and extent.  Is this a characteristic of all
crystal filters, or only those used in the Omni D series by TT? I'm curious
because I have INRAD filters in an older radio. They seem to work as they did
when I first installed them 20+ years ago and the radio seems as sensitive as
it ever was.

Kim N5OP