Re: [TenTec] Corsair II troubles

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II troubles
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:58:56 -0400
Allan, a few troubleshooting thoughts off the top of my head:

Your late model Corsair has the keying loop so do you have the rear panel
jumper installed between TX OUT and TX EN?  Did you advance the DRIVE
control so the ALC indicator lights on key down?  After that, I would go
through the rig and apply a good contact cleaner (DeOxit) to all the
connections.  If that doesn't fix it, I would check the BFO oscillator,
described in the manual on p3-21.  Check the oscillator frequency in the
"LOCK" position (step 3).  I do this with a general coverage receiver with
accurate readout in lieu of a freq counter.

73/GL,
Barry N1EU