Re: [TenTec] Future Radios - Knobs!

To: tentec@contesting.com, tsm1@tmcom.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Future Radios - Knobs!
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 14:00:07 -0600
I've thought for a while now that essentially what you are describing, along
with a basic display -- which I'm assuming your idea implies -- tied to an
RX320 or a Softrock Ensemble RX would make an excellent compact and
inexpensive stand-alone general coverage receiver. It would seem (based on my
limited knowledge of the Pi) that rotary encoders could be easily interfaced
with the Pi for "knobs". My hunch is that folks are already playing with this
concept and I just haven't run across mention of it yet.

73, Al