Re: [TenTec] Omni VI master oscillator

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI master oscillator
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:48:12 -0600
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:22 AM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment

I understand they no longer have TCXOs, or at least that was the impression
I got when my VI was in the shop earlier this year.  No harm in asking
though.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com> wrote:

20mhz
A TCXO to replace that oven crystal was available from TenTec for $100
Really does the trick
Pricey fix though
Paul K0UYA

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Bertini Sent: Sunday, November 16,
2014 10:35 PM To: tentec@contesting.com Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI master
oscillator
Does anyone know the frequency for the ovenized oscillator (or TXCO) in the
Omni VI? I suspect it is 20 MHz, but I can't find the oscillator frequency
listed in the manual.  I noticed that the FT4 station was drifting on CW
last week, and I suspect my oven may be on the way out. So, I'm looking for
a high grade replacement.

Pete