[TenTec] 238 Tuner Died

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 Tuner Died
From: john brown <n2ydf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:32:01 -0500

Sent from my iPad     Hi everyone, and thanks for your assistance in advance.
Tuner has been working perfectly. Winter snow storm showed up, (Buffalo NY
area) Tuner will not tune at all. Very limited change in swr anywhere 10 -160.
Also very limited change any where, using Capacitor tuning, Hi Z or Lo Z
positions or any setting on the Inductor. It almost acts like the positions are
bypassed. Antenna is a 160 meter loop  525ft with a 4 to 1 Balun. It has been
performing well for a year or more. If I eliminate the 238 Tuner and use my
Orion II, Ft 1000, or Ts-2000 they will all tune the loop alone,or with my ldg
at 600 tuner. However the 238 has always allowed me to tune the antenna flat.
Looking for ideas on what might have happened or broke. Thanks again for any
help. I mainly read the list,and really enjoy the information everyone shares.
I have found answers here before and hope to find more in the future.  73 John,
N2YDF, Freedom N.Y.