Re: [TenTec] Used Orion 565 Prices

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Used Orion 565 Prices
From: "RDStraw" <RDStraw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:07:14 -0800
Thanks, Toby:

At N6RO, where I operate in multi-multis, we standardized on the K3. My
Orion kind of stood out from the K3 crowd, and it worked very well, equal to
the K3 in most things.

But the Orion required some operator training/retraining to get things just
right. That's why I'm getting ready to sell the Orion and get another K3. I
hadn't used it for some time and when I just recently plugged it in I got an
error message that the battery needed replacing. I think I'll list it for
$1500, as is. Somebody else can replace the battery. I'll also throw in a
12V-40 ampere linear power supply too. No switching supply noise with that
monster!

73, Dean, N6BV