Re: [TenTec] Pepe's Question on Eagle Pan-Adapter connections

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pepe's Question on Eagle Pan-Adapter connections
From: Jose F Ballester <jfballester@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 23:36:52 -0400
Thank you Rick.    Next time I open the radio I’ll remove the connection not on
the filter board.   Evidently either Tentec instructions were directed to the
earlier versions of the radio, to more knowledgeable operators  or I just
didn’t understand the instructions nor did I fully understand what is involved
in adding a pan adapter to the Eagle. I’m finding that to accomplish that I’ll
need to add more hardware than I really want to mess with.    I’ll just have to
digest the information and decide what I want to do, or better, purchase a
radio with the built in hardware to be able to “see” whats going on in the band
which may be helpful if and when I emigrate to digital modes.   Better do this
while I can and before I retire when my income will drop substantially.  Used
to have an Icom that had a crude but in some ways helpful bandscope and got
used to having it.

Thanks again,

73 de Pepe WP3HW