Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 13:41:54 +0100
Interesting Kim.  But Walmarts didn't exist back then so I guess there was
no place to buy them.  ;-)

Seriously, it kind of depends on your approach to building antennas.
I jokingly use the term WW II antennas when referring to how things were
built then and in most cases now.

However since then an awful lot of lightweight material has been invented
and is available at low cost.

Keeping in mind that height is might, it is a lot easier for one OM alone to
erect an antenna high in the air when using lightweight components (e.g.
fiberglass telescoping pole, non-porcelain insulators, thinner Copperweld
wire, and thinner Kevlar or Dyneema rope), than with traditional heavy metal
poles and heavy wire and insulators.

With this type of installation, you don't need pulleys with ropes suspending
buckets of cement to deal with swaying trees.  Bungees work just fine and
are certainly a lot easier to install and adjust.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)