Re: [TenTec] INRAD 763

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD 763
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 15:54:13 -1000
It sounds good “on paper” but a while ago I talked to Paul Clinton at Ten Tec and mentioned this filter to him. He acted like Dracula confronted with direct sunlight. He said that TenTec would not work on radios with this filter installed because the center frequency of the filter was not right and threw the whole alignment of the radio off.

Those Inrad setups are switchable aren't they? If it can be simply bypassed with a control switch, then there is no reason to claim it cannot be worked on. Another way to bypass it may be to disconnect it from the signal path, while leaving it in situ. If TT refuses to work on it in that case, then it would seem they may be looking for any reason (or excuse) they can think of to avoid working on older rigs. I hope that is not the case.

DE N6KB