Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 145, Issue 18

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 145, Issue 18
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:11:49 +0100
Bob,

Both MFJ and DX-Engineering sell external units (in a cabinet) that have
relays for doing just exactly what you want to do.  They are not cheap but
nothing really is these days (except talk).

I'm sorry but I still do not understand our description.
I guess I need a schematic.

I'm sure you have it right, I just don't follow your wording.

In your first post I thought you wanted to add the relay inside the Eagle.
In that case you must be very careful what you are doing.
As long as it is external and just used as an antenna switch, it only has to
be fast enough and capable of handling the 100w of power.

As for speed, I think you are a bit optimistic on 1ms.
The relays Ten-Tec is using take (recalling from memory here) about 7 or 8
ms if you include settling time and delay time added by the reverse-diode.
I have the spec sheet on the actual realy.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)