Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 07:29:03 -0500
Hi Chuck

Are you sure the crystals  are exactly on 6.3 MHz?

If I was going to do this, I'd place an request for defective TenTec 6.3
MHz crystal filters. There should be some out there.  You can harvest the
good crystals, and use the boards for your custom designs. At least that
way you'll know you have matched crystals, except for the bad one in the
bunch.

Regardless, if you go with Bomar, I'd suggest sending along a good crystal
from a TenTec filter so they can match it.

Pete