Re: [TenTec] 252Mo supply

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 252Mo supply
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:26:18 +0100
EXACTLY!

Funny, we have the same thing here now in my club.
Our repeater is on top of a mountain near my QTH, inside of a little aluminum
box.
No heat in the winter, no air condx in the summer.
It must endure enormous temperature swings.
There are so many wonderful new DMR repeaters available for a song and a dance,
but they all have a computer and the "ONLY" problem the German importer of
these Chinese repeaters has seen is the need to power cycle the repeater after
a thunder storm.

We have no access to our repeater from November until March, due to snow.
Even when the wx is good, only one man in our club has legal access to the
premises.

So in cases like these, you try to build and deploy the most reliable
technology on the planet.

Well that is what I like to do in nearly all cases!  KEEP IT SIMPLE and keep it
working.

Unfortunately the modern ham thinks everything must be auto-this and auto-that
and doesn't understand the implications of deploying that type of technology.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)