[TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3. Key Clicks

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3. Key Clicks
From: Michael Marx <sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 23:41:47 -0600
Hi Guys,

Well during the ARRL DX contest, someone complained key clicks coming from my
Omni VI Opt. 3.  I have read through the Ten Tec Wiki about this issue and I’m
a little unclear about what to do.  My take on the various postings is that the
2.4 KHz filters need to be replaced with the Inrad 2.8 KHz filters.  Is this
all I need to do in order to fix the key clicks?  A friend of mine checked for
me and it looks like both of my Omni VI’s have key clicks about 300 Hz above
and below the center frequency.  He listened to some of my other rigs (K3 &
IC746) and they did not have the key clicks.  I did adjust the keying shape pot
and it didn’t really seem to help much one way or the other.  I am hoping that
I don’t have to do major surgery on this thing……

73
 Mike WB0SND

Michael Marx
sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com