Re: [TenTec] Remote tuning knob/encoder for Omni 6

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Remote tuning knob/encoder for Omni 6
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:27:48 -0500
To the best of my knowledge, the 302 series remote pods are totally different
critters
compared to the 301.  The 302 can only be used with a transceiver or receiver
that can
interpret the incoming data properly.

Ten Tec states "...The 302R remote/encoder keypad allows armchair operation of
the
JUPITER, PEGASUS, RX-350D, OMNI-VII, ORION, or ORION II. Black color is
cosmetic
match for current TEN-TEC HF transceivers..."

-Lee-

On 6 Mar 2015 at 6:45, Barry N1EU wrote:

> I've got my third question answered via the DB25 diagram on page 5-1
> of the manual and the remote encoder connection info at
> http://users.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/301.html
>
> DescriptionEncoderDB-25Ground"-"1 and 14Phase 1"A"6Phase 2"B"8+5v"+"16
>
> I will assume a "Y" cable is needed if you want simultaneous computer
> connection and remote tuning.
>
> So all I'm hoping to find out is whether anybody has connected a 302R
> remote or whether anybody has the DIN connector pin outs of the 302R?
>
> Thanks & 73,
> Barry N1EU

---