[TenTec] Slow frequency drift Omni VI

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Slow frequency drift Omni VI
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:27:23 -0400
I've been noticing that I have to retune CW stations when chasing DX
operations. The drift is enough to be irritating when running narrow CW
filters.

What is the most likely cause for slow drift problems:  the BFO crystals or
the original ovenized 20 MHz reference oscillator?

I've ordered new BFO crystals from ICM, per earlier info provided by
another Omni VI user. I'm considering replacing the reference oscillator
with a good quality 20 MHz TXCO. BTW, the TenTec replacement is now $150!

Pete