Re: [TenTec] Toney you have explained a solution for my XYL's dilemma!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Toney you have explained a solution for my XYL's dilemma!
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 17:19:13 -0400
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.  I was actually quoting what I have seen on several
websites where they indicated that GMT was Time zone zero (0).  I had never
heard of it and that's why I mentioned "true or not".  I realize that it was
originally called GMT because of the Royal Greenwich Observatory which lies on
the zero degree of Longitude.  When the time changes to BST, I presume that
Greenwich also moves one hour.  So... there goes the GMT up in smoke as far as
a reference to the time of the Royal Observatory of Greenwich.  Just being
facetious here hi...hi.
I actually prefer UTC or Zulu as it is not referenced to anything by a
"worldly" name.  Not trying to start a BIG debate over this.  I just wished
that nobody went to summer time so we only have to content with "Time Zones"
hi....hi.
73, Tony VE3DWI.