Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel
From: "Al Sirois" <alsirois@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:14:56 -0400
Tuesday afternoon:......IF YOU STILL HAVE YOUR AMP, I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO BUY IT.....
                                       PRICE PLEASE....?
AL SIROIS
n1mhc@ARRL.NET
EAST bOOTHBAY, ME 04544-0002
207-633-5363
============================

-----Original Message----- From: km2km@twc.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:39 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel

Ok, guys, here is the scoop.

My trusty Centaur seldom needs to be re-tubed, BUT now I have two pairs of tubes, one pair Taylor, and the other pair Svetlana because over time one tube left the troika for the electronic dump. Yes, matched tubes are the ideal, but having a couple of pairs sitting around doing nothing for me and no foreseeable makes me wonder. Just what would happen if they were a mixed troika. That would leave one tube in the bin ready for another time.

Any ideas on dire consequences?

Many thanks,

Kris KM2KM
MERSCHROD