[TenTec] FW: [nmqrp] very important

To: boatanchors <boatanchors@minime.theporch.com>, AWA Group <awagroup@yahoogroups.com>, tentec <tentec@contesting.com>, AMradio <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TenTec] FW: [nmqrp] very important
From: JAMES HANLON <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 14:34:02 -0600
I hope you folks will support this effort. Jim, W8KGI To:
NMQRP@yahoogroups.comCC: W5YA@yahoogroups.comFrom: nmqrp@yahoogroups.comDate:
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 08:54:37 -0600Subject: [nmqrp] very important

      A bill has actually been introduced into Congress which would extend the
provisions of PRB-1 to CC&R's, REQUIRING then to accommodate outdoor antennas
for amateur radio operators.  It is critically important that LOTS of people
send letters to their representatives in support, or this bill will go nowhere.
Go here: http://www.arrl.org/hr-1301 for details, but also, the ARRL is asking
that we send our letters to THEM, so that: * the letter doesn't go to a place
in Maryland where it takes six weeks or more to be screened for explosives, and
* they have a reason to call upon the representative face to face to deliver a
bunch of letters to them. In Santa Fe County, it is almost impossible to
purchase a home where CC&R's don't crush ham radio.  If one does find and
select one of the rare pieces, it still can take YEARS to get a permit for even
the most modest of antenna supports.  County law is only just now getting
around to complying with NM state's PRB-1. 73,  Fred KT5X

    __._,_.___

        Posted by: "Fred Maas" <just.one.hill@gmail.com>

               Reply to sender

              Reply to group