Re: [TenTec] RKR

To: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RKR
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 17:32:55 -0400
My understanding is that RF Concepts did not manufacture PC boards.  That work
was done
by QSC Systems in Longmont CO., a subcontractor for RF Concepts.  QSC has been
building PC boards and perhaps other items for RF Concepts/Alpha for over 5
years and for
Ten Tec since RF Concepts acquired them last year according to the press
release.  Two of
the key people from QSC including a founder of that company over 20 years ago
are partners
with Ken Long formerly of RF Concepts in RKR.  So I call that a change and I
suspect a good
one for most folks.  PC board manufacture is now in-house.  It looks to me like
a more
compact and efficient organization. Time will tell.

I am proceeding with looking into multiple unit buys of Ten Tec radios on the
basis that they
are moving forward and will be able to provide goods and services as needed.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY

On 5 Apr 2015 at 19:52, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

> What has changed since RKR bought them?
> The PC boards were manufactured in Colorado by RF Concepts since the
> move, which is still in-house. They will continue to be manufactured
> there. Nothing has changed with this latest acquisition.
>
> 73 - Rick, DJ0IP
> (Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

---