Re: [TenTec] Argo 6

To: "Howell, D. Haney" <howellh@winthrop.edu>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo 6
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 10:54:02 -0400

The Argonaut VI is rated to operate at 9.5 volts.  Mine works the same on 9.5
as 13.7 on
receive.  On transmit it develops a full 10 watts cw down to 11.5 volts  ... 8w
at 10v ... and 5w
at 9.5.  This is expected as the PA is seeing reduced supply voltage.  All
other functions
appear to work properly.

Something must be different there.  Hmmmmm...?

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY

On 12 May 2015 at 6:16, Howell, D. Haney wrote:

> I, too, am very impressed and am truly enjoying this radio.  One
> caution.  When the supply voltage from my battery drops to 12 volts,
> the receive goes dead.  I actually sent it back to TT and there were
> no problems.  Just the low voltage.
>
> Haney
> k2xn

---