Re: [TenTec] Re Triton 4 Front Panels

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re Triton 4 Front Panels
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 11:55:11 -0400
Thanks for everyone that has contacted me.

Several issues have popped up.

One, is the name of the panel. Triton IV, Model 540 and Model 544.

each one would require a different screen to be made ($$) and of course how
many of each front panel would be needed?

The second one I found last night.

While working on a Triton IV, I noticed the band switch screening.

The 3.5 and the 28.5 and 29.5 segments are screened in GREEN.

That second color means a second trip through the screening process and more
than likely a second color screen.

If everyone could live with one color (black), that would lessen the price of
the panels. Personally, I’d like to get it as close to factory as I can.

I’ll have to talk to the metal fab shop and see.

To maintain the correct font and character spacing, I’m thinking of scanning
the front panel and then photoshop any scanned defects out. A 1:1 emulsion will
be produced for the screener. IF this works, it would save me tons of hours of
manually trying to match the font.

(I wonder, if the factory still has the original artwork….bet it went into the
dumpster when they moved)

BTW…. the front panel is 13.5 inches long. too long for most flat bed scanners..

Mike WB8VGE

Mike Bryce
prosolar@sssnet.com