Re: [TenTec] Paragon II problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II problems
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 07:08:38 -0400
The audio distortion is probably the Major Loop PLL board. There are 4
sections and the innermost one covers the frequencies from 0.1-7 mHz. A
common Paragon problem is with aging solder connections on the major and
minor loop boards. Often just reheating the connections in the affected area
until the solder flows will solve the issue, at least for a while.
Ultimately, if the problem continues you can remove the old solder and
resolder the connections. The problem essentially goes away for decades
then. The boards are easy to access under the aluminum shield that would
have the FM board installed on the upper left facing the radio.

=Vic=
WA4THR