Re: [TenTec] Eagle birdie

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle birdie
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:54:49 -0500
A bit of a joke on me - I bought a used 526 "6n2" a few years back and it
also had a "birdie" on 50.125.  Great, I thought, and I put up with it for a
long time until, finally, I decided to sell it and pick up an ICOM
IC-706mkIIG for use on 6m, 2m, and 432.  Well, long story short, there was
the same "birdie" at 50.125, and I could hear it on the 706 I had installed
in my truck as well.  One day I left it on as I drove away from the house.
The further I went, the weaker it got.  I never did find out what it was,
and I only know that it's not audible now on my FLEX-6500, so, whatever it
was has been removed, I guess.....

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas