[TenTec] Open Wire Line

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Open Wire Line
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:32:49 -0700
Re-read my sentence. I am not objecting to the use of open wire line when it is matched to the antenna, but to the use of it as a band-aid for badly matched antennas.

I've toured several large short wave facilities, including the old VOA site at Mason, OH when it was still in operation in 1964. Broadcast stations use open wire line in both a 2-wire configuration and a coaxial configuration. In the coaxial configuration, which is often used to feed verticals, multiple wires at close spacing as a center conductor surrounded by more wires suspended by a U-shaped bracket.

73, Jim K9YC