Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver getting no signals

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver getting no signals
From: Howard Smith <jsmith207@att.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 21:31:37 -0500
Hi Everybody,
I need to correct a couple of things about my previous post. The AUDIO menu effects the audio going to the Left and Right headphone channels, as well as the Left and Right Aux Outputs. The headphone outputs are controlled by the Main AF and Sub AF controls. The Left and Right Aux Outputs have a fixed output level.

It may be interesting to listen using the headphones with Left and Right channels both set to Sub RX. I suggest this because the Sub RX dsp drives the codec that provides the headphone and Aux Outputs. If here were a problem with the digital transfer of the Sub RX audio to the Main RX dsp, the Sub Rx may appear to be dead.

One other thought, if you tune a known, strong signal, does the Sub Rx S-meter indicate anything? If it does, then maybe the issue is not the antenna, but something with the Main and Sub dsps.

Good Luck!

73..
Howard, WA9AXQ