Re: [TenTec] Fixing TT715

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fixing TT715
From: shawn via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 20:05:25 -0500
Can you use it with the cover off? If so, I would run it until the problem
occurs, then feel and see if anything is hot. Do some voltage checks, see more
f any do not check against the manual.

If you leave the unit on, but not in TX mode, will it do this? As in, power on
for say an hour, then check on tx--is it dead? Am not familiar with unit, but I
am wondering if it would isolate anything.

Odds are good for a bad solder joint--I would check and reflow. I would not
think bad components but blindly replacing in the signal path may find it.

shawn kb1ckt

Sent from my iPad