[TenTec] Replacing A9 Power Board Caps Tips Re:TenTec Digest, Vol 155, I

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Replacing A9 Power Board Caps Tips Re:TenTec Digest, Vol 155, Issue 17
From: Ben Antanaitis - WB2RHM <wb2rhm@wb2rhm.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:04:03 -0500
Please read: http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=565pwrdistfail

Look down the page to my posting of May 14, 2013. It has a list of values and part numbers for VERY LOW ESR electrolytic replacement caps that have a higher Temperate Tolerance than the originals, and a couple of value changes for lower 'ripple' out of the 20V voltage doubler chip circuit,(helps with the display flickering while warming up) and better +5v working voltage for safety.

I also outline 2 tips for easy removing and replacing the caps, including a simple trick to clean out the PC holes for inserting the new caps. I have done this on 3 565's without problems.

FWIW The battery can also be obtained from Mouser, and also a higher capacity (longer lasting) pin-compatible version as well.

73,
Ben WB2RHM