Re: [TenTec] Airpax 20 amp circuit breakers $5.00

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax 20 amp circuit breakers $5.00
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 12:53:49 -0600
As long as one remembered to back off the drive a bit and run the rig at
~80-90% output, I'd think using a 15A (preferably still instant trip) breaker
might also be an option for the older rigs since the 18A versions aren't
commonly available. (Note that from what I understand most circuit breakers
are designed to _not_ trip at the labeled amperage: the point where it will
actually trip is typically around 135% or so of rated current.)

The other (less convenient if activated) option per the list archives is a
Buss 15A ATC fuse, which is the basis for my 15A breaker idea.

73, Al