Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 156, Issue 4

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 156, Issue 4
From: "Jack Emerson" <w4tje@wiredog.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 21:35:37 -0500
Sadly, Rob and Jim are right. The numbers are there, but the activity isn't. Case in point, tonight, 40 and 80 cw are ghost towns. 160m has stns piled on top of each other for the arrl top band contest, but on 80 and 40 tonight there's nothing to be heard. Sometimes I fear that when I am finally able to retire in 10 years or so to the hamshack, there won't be anyone left to talk to. My college roommate got his ham ticket 10 yrs or so ago, for some kind of emergency services, but has never bought a radio or been on air. He doesn't even know his callsign. I had to look it up for him awhile back when he needed to renew. For various reasons, there's quite a number of folks like that who have licenses, but do not really participate.

Even great companies that make great products can have difficulties if there's no one left to buy their products.

73 de Jack W4TJE
Fancy Gap, VA

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Allen