Re: [TenTec] Dirty Transmitters - Flex and Yaesu

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dirty Transmitters - Flex and Yaesu
From: Darrell Bellerive VE7IU <ve7iu@runbox.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 08:34:25 -0800
http://www.dj0ip.de/app/download/5794190002/Elecraft+K3+rev+c.pdf
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/elecraft_k3_receive_audio.htm

As Rob noted, Elecraft did address this 8 years ago, but it was not a 100% solution. The K3S with its new audio section appears to have finally solved the issue, and that is the primary reason I have taken an interest in the radio again.

I have operated a K3 and it is a very good radio, but I did not care for the audio, the complexity, or the ergonomics. I do like the way Elecraft supports and continuously improves their products. I have built two K2's over the years and while I liked the performance, ultimately the small form factor and ergonomics led to their sale. I suspect the Eagle will eventually wear me down the same way. I really do not like that FNC button.

I also find that the Eagle has less of a softening effect on received CW as the receive bandwidth is decreased.

For me an Eagle in a TS-590SG form factor with Elecraft development and support would be as close to a perfect radio as I could hope for.

73, Darrell VE7IU