Re: [TenTec] rig durability?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] rig durability?
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 21:43:03 +0000
My experience with the Orion 565 is that it's not uncommon for them to
develop issues in these areas:

   - LCD screen losing contrast and/or brightness
   - Malfunctioning of encoder connectivity: RIT, MULTI, Tuning
   - Electrolytic capacitors on A9 power distribution board need replacement
   - Battery needs replacement

The second two issues are easily dealt with.  I would consider its
reliability as slightly below average but its performance way, way, way
above average.

73/HNY,
Barry N1EU