Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII ??

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII ??
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:59:26 +0100
Since nobody else commented on this, I will task my grey cells and comment
from memory.  Several years ago, Ten-Tec re-designed its standard 100w final
PA circuit, switching from bipolar to FET transistors.  This change was due
to unavailability of the bipolar transistors, not because of a need to clean
up the transceiver.

Having said that, it may be that the FET PA is now slightly cleaner than the
40+ year old bipolar design.

Maybe someone else has additional information.

When?  That's a good question. I would guess it to be after 2010 because I
believe the first Eagles still had bipolar transistors.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)