Re: [TenTec] power Adjustment

To: Wolf Wita <g4ssx@yahoo.co.uk>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] power Adjustment
From: Gary Follett <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 17:41:52 +0100
Is it running 80 watts on an external wattmeter or on the internal meter? Is it
low on all bands?

If you are getting only 80 out on an external wattmeter, first check your load.
Is it a 50 ohm resistive load or an antenna?

If it is an a tenant that previously gave you 100 watt readings, then perhaps
the antenna has an issue so check the SWR reading on the Orion meter as well.

Lastly, you might check the ALC adjustment. I assume your ALC reading is high
when you each your maximum of 80 watts out...

The meter sensitivity is adjustable by a trimpot on top of the radio when the
cover is off.

The meter sensitivity adjustment on this radio affects everything the meter
reads, power, SWR, ALC and receiver S meter reading. Just a caution...

Anyway, why worry about being 20 watts down?  No one on the other end can tell
the difference anyway.

Gary W0DVN

Sent from my iPad