Re: [TenTec] Dragonball CPU for Ten-Tec Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dragonball CPU for Ten-Tec Orion
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:04:11 -0400
Maybe I’m out of the loop, but here goes.

If the DragonBall CPU takes a crap, and you get a new one, and then have that
zillion pin TQFP part installed.

Don’t you still have to have the firmware installed?

Installing a new CPU would be like adding an empty bucket.

It’s like the processor for the Corsair II display, you can get the processor
IC, but not the firmware to make it work.

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
prosolar@sssnet.com

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never  know if they are
genuine”

—Abraham Lincoln