Re: [TenTec] Omni VII remote problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII remote problem
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 07:28:43 -0400
While I got some email replies to my question, nobody seemed to know for
sure how a remote reset worked. Since I seemed to be limited and had little
to lose, I arranged with my son back at home to be available in case I
needed him to go in and boot the rig in remote mode. However, he wasn't
needed. Resetting the rig via OnePlug remotely worked fine and in 60 seconds
I could reconnect remotely and reset all the menu items to where I had them
before. I noted on the restart that the PC Mic Gain was zero...something I
was sure I had checked, so I reset that to the 100% value I had been using.
Everything is working fine as before. One nice thing about using the remote
OnePlug program is that loading the first block of band stacking registers
was as easy as just selecting each from the preset memory menu, and
reloading the rig memories was almost as easy...certainly easier than from
the rig.

=Vic=
WA4THR

---------------------------------------

<tentec@contesting.com <mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

[TenTec] Omni VII remote problem

"Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net <mailto:vhklein%40ptd.net> >

Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com
<mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:06:42 -0400

<tentec@contesting.com <mailto:%3Ca%20href=> ">mailto:tentec@contesting.com
<mailto:tentec%40contesting.com> >

I have been travelling for the last couple of weeks and operating the Omni
VII remotely with all the latest firmware and software. No issues on SSB or
CW. Yesterday I was dropped off the web while transmitting because the host
WiFi decided it was time for me to "agree to terms and conditions", which
they did every 24 hours or so. I thought something was wrong with the rig at
first and called home to have my son go cycle the power on the Omni, but
then dicovered I had no internet and found the agreement needed to be
checked again. No more operating after that, although I was SWLing and
tuning around.

Today I discover I cannot pass audio to the rig. I can send CW and it keys
up and reads power out, and FM/AM modes show a carrier on the wattmeter
reading, but in either USB or LSB I get nothing. Initially, although the
receive light went out on OnePlug, there was no sign of transmit...the
S-Meter still was working and nothing showed the SWR, although the receive
audio stopped. After switching to CW and transmitting I do see the rig
switching to transmit in SSB, but no modulation.

So, finally my question to the group. If I use the "reset the radio"
function from OnePlug, will it return to operating in remote mode, or will I
need to have someone go in and hold the "2" button while cycling the power?
Any other thoughts of a correcting I can make remotely? By the way, I have
confirmed that both my headset and the computer mic are still working in the
laptop, and I have restarted OnePlug several times, so something must have
happened at the other end.

=Vic=
WA4THR