Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 12:33:09 -0500
*Sorry folks,*
*                      I was just engaging in light hearted humor. We
surely didn't want to confuse anyone. And as for our reluctance to change
over to the Metric system? People in Great Britain, still use the term/unit
.. Stone .. to describe their weight. How old is that standard? I must now
go outside and open the SWR Drain on my Coax. It's been creeping up lately.
We sure are having beautiful weather today in Tennessee. What a beautiful
day to finally rebuild the carburetor on my Antique Snapper riding mower.
The Ten Tec Group is still the best. *
*                                                   73 as always de
Wade/KJ4WS*

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Wes Attaway (N5WA) <
wes@attawayforensics.com> wrote:

> He's probably just an "older" guy, like me, who grew up using two
> systems.  He probably just makes all the necessary conversions in his head
> while he types (or talks).  You just have to get used to it.
>

> On 2016-04-24 10:25, Gary J FollettDukes HiFi wrote:
>
>> I am curious as to why one would want to commit to a mix of units like
>> Kg weight, then PSI for pressure.
>>
>> “KC” as a unit of frequency has been off the table for about 35 years or
>> so...
>>
>> That makes as much sense as Congress's selection for auto emission
>> standards as being stated in grams per mile! Only a politician could
>> come up with anything as nonsensical as that!!!
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> BTW - Torque, in the BSA standard, is in Foot-Pounds or Ounce-Inches,
>> not “Pounds”.
>>
>> On Apr 24, 2016, at 11:17 AM, Paul Littleton <ka5biw@swcp.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> As an engineer and a proponent of SI, I am picky about units. However, I
>>> prefer to help people before I give them a hard time about units. From Dr.
>>> Nolan's call, I assume that he has contributed to amateur radio for awhile
>>> as well as healing critters. Let's help by answering his question and then
>>> commenting about kg weight, kc frequency, pounds of pressure, pounds of
>>> torque, etc.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> tapped out on an iPad

*Living one day at a time with Jesus as my Savior. But, still having Fun.*