Re: [TenTec] Response to Rick about Imperial (BSA) Standards

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Response to Rick about Imperial (BSA) Standards
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:13:16 +0300
On 4/26/2016 3:43 PM, Arthur Lewis wrote:
*We were given the same information in our Ohio schools, The American
system came from the English.*

It's proper name is Avoirdupois. It came from France to England, and possibly from Florence to France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoirdupois

The French developed the metric system as part of getting rid of the monarchy and replacing it with a rational system of government.

France at the time was the center of Science and Mathematics in the western world, and the "lingua franca" (the language of international trade) was French.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ