Re: [TenTec] 7300 report

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7300 report
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:58:08 -0400
(sorry for more non-TT content)

A faster computer isn't going to make a noticeable difference.  I've
contested with the ANAN-100D.  The latency doesn't result in missing the
first parts of exchanges.  The latency means your signal is delayed getting
to him and his signal is delayed getting to your ears.  But nothing is
lost.  FYI, a new version of OpenHPSDR is coming out soon with essentially
zero latency.

You might have been missing the first parts of exchanges because you had
too much T/R delay set in OpenHPSDR.

73, Barry N1EU