Re: [TenTec] [ten_tec_radio_net] VE3DWI close to be off the air

To: "Tony" <va3dwi@gmail.com>, <Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>, <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>, "TenTec" <TenTec@yahoogroups.com>, "Mike TEN-TEC Owner" <steven.dishop@dishtronix.com>, "John Henry" <jshenry1963@gmail.com>, "jhenry@tentec.com [ten_tec_radio_net]" <ten_tec_radio_net@yahoogroups.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [ten_tec_radio_net] VE3DWI close to be off the air
From: "John Occhipinti" <k3ur@att.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 10:09:26 -0400
Tony and Marianne, thank you for the information about your 600 mile move. You
surely will be missed on our TEN-
TEC nets for the next 6 to 12 months. We hope you will be back sooner!

I remember checking you into our TEN-TEC 40 meter SSB net in April 2012 when I
started the TEN-TEC nets after 5 years of no TEN-TEC nets. You were a great
help to me with Relays right from the beginning and I thank you for this.

Meeting you at the Dayton Hamvention in May 2013, was truly an memorable and
lasting relationship with you and the many weeklyTEN-TEC nets that were to
follow.

I remember you relaying many stations for me when I was Net Control of the
TEN-TEC Sunday, Wednesday and Friday 20 meter SSB nets. You did such a
wonderful job that I eventually named you Net Control of the Sunday and
Wednesday 20 meter SSB nets and you did an outstanding job as Net Control for
several years.

You are to be personally congratulated for your 1200 Checkins to the TEN-TEC
Nets. This shows how dedicated you were to all of the weekly TEN-TEC nets the
past 4 years and you have been an example that we all envy and should follow.

All of us in the TEN-TEC Family wish you and Marianne the very best of success
on your new move that will bring you close to your son.

I know what a challenge it is to make a big move, as Rose and I moved 900 miles
from the Scranton, Pa Area to the Atlanta Area almost 18 years ago. Like you, I
had to take down my tower and antenna beam and wires and assemble them all over
again.

We will be praying for you and Marianne as you prepare for the many challenges
ahead and we know that God will be with you and your family all the way.

Thank you Tony and Marianne, for the wonderful relationship and I must admit
that I do get emotional at times like this and I have to dry my eyes as I end
this email to you.

Remember Psalm 23 and please keep in touch with me on my Facebook page, the
link is listed below.

On behalf of all the TEN-TEC family, we wish you a safe and blessed moving
experience.

Sincerely and 73's,

Brother John

John D. Occhipinti, K3UR
Net Manager, ten_tec Amateur Radio Nets

QRZ Page:  http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur

Group Owner, ten_tec Amateur Radio Net Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ten_tec_radio_net/

SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/john-occhipinti-k3ur/sets/brotherjohns-most-popular

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/john.occhipinti.14