Re: [TenTec] QSK switching diodes in Scout

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QSK switching diodes in Scout
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 22:27:11 -0500
 Well, never let it be said I never followed a phantom!

Just for the archive - the problem turned out to be an NPN SMD transistor on
the Receiver Control board. The job of this transistor is to assure that the
RCVR 10 volt line is piled low enough. It was open. The RCVR line was about 1.3
volts in TX, high enough to turn on the 1N4007 switching transistors in the QSK
circuit. This caused them to get quite warm on 20 meters and higher.

Replacement of that transistor cured the issues and the radio works great!

Gary

W0DVN