[TenTec] Centurion Amp - early model, looking for advice

To: tentec@contesting.com,
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion Amp - early model, looking for advice
From: <kr2q@optimum.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:22:14 GMT
Hello,

I recently purchased this amp.  I read in the QST review that their review
model showed
idle current when in standby.  I also read that TT later came out with a fix
for that.

Well, the amp I just bought must have been very early and never updated,
because it
shows idle current when in standby.  It gets hot pretty fast and the bottom
"donut" on the
tube glows red (while in standby).  Prior owner says, "Yup.  No problems with
the amp."  No
problems, but I'd like this updated.

Can anyone help me identify how to fix this?  If your amp doesn't show idle
current when in
standby, can you identify the circuitry that controls that and maybe share the
schematic?

Something else?

Thanks,
de Doug KR2Q